For Board & Committee Members
The Community Foundation North Okanagan is seeking community-minded individuals with an interest in making a lasting impact in the region to join its various committees and Board of Directors.
Are you looking for a unique leadership opportunity? Have you been yearning to put your talent in strategic thinking, financial forecasting, driving social change, community convening or project management in the service of a great cause? Well, look no further! If you are committed to a building a thriving and vibrant North Okanagan community and culture, we are looking for you!
Community Foundation North Okanagan is looking for leaders like you to join our committees and board of directors. For 47 years, our volunteer board has been the strategic heart of our organization, ensuring that in our work with community organizations, we deliver real results, respond to changes in our community and always deliver the highest ethical standards to be worthy of our public support.
If you are one or more of the following, we’d like to talk to you:
- Energetic and entrepreneurial business people, who are not already overextended with other commitments, eager to put their enthusiasm for the health and vibrancy of our community to work.
- Young applicants under the age of 45 from diverse backgrounds across the North Okanagan.
- Community leaders from different groups, ages, ethnicities and communities allows us to better represent the diversity of experience in our region and to make decisions that help us grow as an organization.
- Leaders at our partner nonprofit agencies – social services, education, recreation, senior centres and youth services -willing to share their knowledge about our community needs.
- Scholars/academics who want to put their expertise in community development, physical and mental health promotion, children, youth and families to work in the community.
If you hold yourself to high expectations, then you’ll find committee and board service very rewarding. We are looking for folks who will:
- Attend 6 board meetings annually AND/OR 3-4 annual committee meetings.
- Board members will actively serve on one of our committees: Community Grants, Governance, Board Resource, Human Resource, Investment, Vital Signs Program.
- Advocate for our needs in the community and among your colleagues and peers.
- Be always curious to learn more about the community foundation movement as well as nonprofit governance.
Both committee and board member volunteers make a significant difference in strengthening the social fabric of our region.
Please return the completed application & matrix to: [email protected]
Please include your resume if available.
Click here to download a PDF version of this webpage.