Accepting Applications until March 31, 2021.
Granting cycle – this program runs annually, accepting applications every March.
We encourage you to reach out to us with any questions regarding your project’s eligibility or the application process prior to submitting your application. Contact us at 250-542-8655 or [email protected].
We welcome you to review the below Funding Guidelines or skip to the Application Forms at the bottom of the page.
Our Smart & Caring Community Fund and Granting Program unites donors and organizations that want to respond to the most important needs of our local community. Read more about how to offer your support here.
Eligible applicants MUST be registered charities and/or qualified donees under the Income Tax Act. They must demonstrate fiscal responsibility and effective management.
What We Fund
The Community Foundation supports a wide range of projects that are of benefit to those living and working within the boundaries of the North Okanagan Regional District including all member municipalities. Funded activities must provide a direct service to the “community” or take an innovative approach to community concerns.
The Community Foundation will consider requests for:
- Program Related Projects (i.e. specific, time-limited activities or series of activities designed to meet certain goals)
- Capital Projects (i.e. construction, renovation or equipment purchases)
- The Foundation supports innovation where there is demonstrated need and the likelihood of effectiveness and the organization demonstrates a commitment to the project through a contribution of human and/or financial support
- Significant and appropriate support from other funding sources should be evident
- Projects that will be ongoing after the grant’s end should provide realistic plans for long term funding
- Organizations should usually have at least 50% of their funding in place when they apply
- The Foundation disburses its funding to many groups throughout the North Okanagan working in many fields of interest. It is therefore necessary to limit the frequency of grant approvals for any one organization to ensure equitable access for all organizations
- All grant recipients will now be required to provide the Foundation with a summary report describing their project outcomes within one year of the grant. Report forms will be provided.
Examples of Ineligible Requests:
• 100% of a project’s cost
• An organization’s operational or core expenses
• Retroactive funding
• Debt retirement or reserve
• Generalized fund-raising campaigns
• Sabbatical leaves, student exchanges
• School construction
• Publication of books or music
• Activities of religious or ethnocultural organizations that serve primarily their membership and/or their direct organizational purposes
We encourage you to reach out to us with any questions regarding your project’s eligibility or the application process prior to submitting your grant application.
- If you believe you have a suitable request, please complete our Grant Application.
- Applications from ‘Societies’ that are not registered charities must be made in cooperation with a registered charity.
- Final decisions on all grants rest with the Foundation and access to its decisions is restricted.
Please email applications to [email protected].
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at 250-542-8655 or [email protected].
Grants Deadline: March 31, 2021. Grants Deadline is the last business day of March each year.
NOTE: Please read the Funding Guidelines – Eligibility section before completing the application form.
Successful Grantee Forms:
All grant recipients will be required to provide the Community Foundation North Okanagan with a summary report describing their project outcomes within one year of the grant. Failure to submit a Project Report Form will restrict your ability to apply for grants in the future.
Please download the Application Form and Project Report Form to your computer and save them to an easy-to-find location such as your Desktop or Documents.