Eligible applicants MUST be registered charities and/or qualified donees under the Income Tax Act. They must demonstrate fiscal responsibility and effective management.
What We Fund
The Community Foundation supports a wide range of projects that are of benefit to those living and working within the boundaries of the North Okanagan Regional District including all member municipalities. Funded activities must provide a direct service to the “community” or take an innovative approach to community concerns.
The Community Foundation will consider requests for:
- Program Related Projects (i.e. specific, time-limited activities or series of activities designed to meet certain goals)
- Capital Projects (i.e. construction, renovation or equipment purchases)
- The Foundation supports innovation where there is demonstrated need and the likelihood of effectiveness and the organization demonstrates a commitment to the project through a contribution of human and/or financial support
- Significant and appropriate support from other funding sources should be evident
- Projects that will be ongoing after the grant’s end should provide realistic plans for long term funding
- Organizations should usually have at least 50% of their funding in place when they apply
- The Foundation disburses its funding to many groups throughout the North Okanagan working in many fields of interest. It is therefore necessary to limit the frequency of grant approvals for any one organization to ensure equitable access for all organizations
- All grant recipients will now be required to provide the Foundation with a summary report describing their project outcomes within one year of the grant. Report forms will be provided.
Ineligible Requests will Include:
- 100% of a project’s cost
- An organization’s operational or core expenses
- Retroactive funding
- Debt retirement or reserve
- Generalized fund-raising campaigns
- Sabbatical leaves, student exchanges
- School construction
- Publication of books or music
- Activities of religious or ethno-cultural organizations that serve primarily their membership and/or their direct organizational purposes
If you believe you have a suitable request, please complete our Grant Application. Feel free to call us if you are unsure of whether your project would qualify for application. Applications from ‘Societies’ that are not registered charities must be made in cooperation with a registered charity. Please call us for more information. Final decisions on all grants rest with the Foundation and access to its decisions is restricted.