As time passes communities grow and change. At the Community Foundation North Okanagan we recognize the importance of flexible funding to help organizations address current and changing issues.
Our Smart & Caring Community Fund and Granting Program unites donors and organizations that want to respond to the most important needs of our local community.
Responsive grant-making addresses a wide variety of social, cultural, educational, and environmental needs, while keeping a pulse on the issue areas that are specific to our North Okanagan region.
Our donors give to the Smart & Caring Community Fund, to enable responsive grants that will support the evolving needs of our region.
Arts & Culture • Education • Environment • Health & Recreation • Social Services
How the Smart & Caring Community Granting Program works:
- The Annual Spring Granting Cycle opens every March.
- Applications are submitted by charitable organizations for a wide variety of community interest projects.
- Grant Committees made up of local experts, review applications and make recommendations that go to the Board of Directors to be ratified.
- Board of Directors approves funding and the Foundation disburses grants to approved grant applicants.
- Grant recipients implement their programs and projects.
- Grant recipients submit progress reports.
- Community Foundation highlights projects and programs through their communications.
There are many ways to give:
- Start a named endowment fund that will provide income to our community forever
- Donate to the Smart & Caring Community Fund
- Make a one-time donation of any amount to a Fund of your choice
- For more information on our giving options click here
Whether a gift is large or small, it all helps our community!
To support the Smart & Caring Community Fund you can make a donation or contact Leanne Hammond at [email protected].
The 2017 National Community Foundation movement was set in motion by the former Governor General of Canada, David Johnston; declaring that every community across Canada will be served by a Community Foundation and that Smart & Caring Communities Funds will be established at Community Foundations from coast to coast to coast.
Read about the movement here.