Create a legacy with a BIG local impact
A world pandemic combined with economic, environmental and social devastations has many of us pausing to reflect on the impact our lives make on the world we live in.
Many donors and supporters have reached out to the Community Foundation to ask how they can help ensure local programs and services continue – and how they can contribute to helping the charitable sector continue to thrive.
Generosity comes in many forms and leaving a gift in your will can have the biggest impact on the causes that matter the most to you.
If you are considering a gift in your will, or another future gift to charity, large or small, we encourage you to reach out to us. We can help you outline your charitable giving plan, now and for the future.
The Community Foundation North Okanagan offers a flexible yet structured approach for charitable giving to help you improve the lives of others in our community. We provide investment vehicles and community expertise to ensure impact for your charitable giving.
Choose between these four fund structures:
- Smart & Caring Community Funds
This fund type enables responsive grant-making to support the evolving needs of our community. Our expert Grants Committee assesses the issue areas that are specific to our North Okanagan region and the grants from your fund are pooled with other funding to have the biggest impact on local charitable organizations.
- This fund starts making grants once it reaches $5,000. You can establish this fund now or through a future gift in your will.
- Designated Funds
Allows donors to choose a favourite charity or group of charities to receive a reliable grant from your fund, every year in perpetuity.
- This fund starts making grants once it reaches $10,000. You can establish this fund now or through a future gift in your will.
- Donor Advised Funds
Offer you the flexibility to support the charities and causes you care about most – and change your granting directions as often as you wish. You can direct grants throughout your lifetime and create a charitable wishes plan for the future.
- This fund starts making grants once it reaches $25,000. You can establish this fund now or through a future gift in your will.
- Term Endowments – Spend Down Funds
Target a specific cause and donate over a specified period of time. Suitable for donors who want to make an immediate impact or a significant difference over a compressed timeline.
- A Spend Down Fund can be established with a gift of $10,000 or more. You can establish this fund now or through a future gift in your will.
Creating Your Fund with a Future Gift
It’s easy to establish a charitable fund at the Community Foundation North Okanagan. Our staff will work closely with you, your family, and your financial advisor if you choose, to complete the following steps:
- Determine the amount of your gift
- Choose what assets to contribute (Cash, securities, life insurance, etc.)
- Name the fund
- Select the best fund type to accomplish your charitable goals
- Consider which charities and/or focus areas to support
- Document your future charitable wishes
- Charitable bequest in your will – you can leave a specific amount, a residual gift (remainder) or a portion of your estate (percentage of total)
- Contingency Plan – Write CFNO in your will as a back-up plan
- Life Insurance – name CFNO as the beneficiary of your policy
- RRSP/RRIF/TFSA – name CFNO as the beneficiary
Regardless of your age or the size of your gift, we are here to make your giving experience simple and rewarding.
Make the most of your giving.
Contact Leanne Hammond today.
Email: [email protected]